5My name is Tameem N. Tulti. My family comes from the beautiful Derna, eastern Libya. I was born and raised in Tripoli, the third of a family of 4 children. Each of us has taken a different path in life. We have the historian, the IT engineer, the lawyer and myself, the architect.
Born in 1972, I studied in Tripoli and graduated from the faculty of architecture at The Tripoli University in 1997. Since then, I have mainly worked on the design and construction management of residential buildings and occasionally commercial buildings. In 2001, I established my own woodwork factory. It manufactures custom doors, windows, kitchens and wood furnishings (railings, dividers,closets ect.)
My passion is designing dream houses, a place where the client truly feels at home! To suceed in accomplishing that, I design and take up the responsibilities of the construction manager, mostly on a Turn-Key basis.
Main activities and responsibilities:
- Meet with clients to discuss thoughts and ideas;
- Plan, develop and create design presentations;
- Organize and lead client/ team meetings when working on complex projects;
- Oversee the construction phase,which includes: hiring of workers(construction,electritions,plumbers, ect), resolving problems that may occur on-site and work with the civil/other engineers to complete the project
Ras Al-Hilal Company:
In 2001, I established the “Ras Al-Hilal” company for manfucaturing high quality doors, windows , kitchens and custom woodwork. Then in 2007, Ras Al-Hilal teamed up with several Italian companies to represnt in Libya. Now Ras Al-Hilal Company is the sole distributor of the following Italian companies:
- Gamba (Windows)
- Vighi (Security doors)
- Cooplegno (internal doors)
- Ghidini (door handles and accessories)
- Valli & Valli (door handles)
- Gardesa (Security doors)
- IMAB group (Kitchens and furniture)
- AGB (locks & cylinders)
Among Ras Alhilal’s projects:
- Hai Azohour, Tripoli 2006: 480 apartments, 7,800 internal doors and 480 security doors.
- Fernaj, Tripoli 2007: 78 apartments, 1,100 internal doors, 78 security doors.
- Swani Hospital, Swani, 2009: 1,050 Aluminum framed doors.
- Brega Clinic, 2010: 32 doors.
- Abo Fakhra Project 2009: A new city project 20 Km east Benghazi for 4,000 villas, each villa has main entrance double door and single door backyard.
- Oya Village, Zanzour 2008: 87 housing units on the beach west of Tripoli.
- Various other projects have been completed, e.g. Clinics , private villas and offices.